We’ve been playing around with a lot of different pizza recipes and with some leftover pulled pork in the freezer, what’s better than to make a pizza with it?
The Stuff You Need
- pizza crust, small to extra large you pick!
- 1/2 cup smoked pulled pork
- 5-7 tbsp bbq sauce – link to my homemade BBQ sauce
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup smoked cheddar cheese such as “Applewood Smoked Cheddar”.
The Stuff You Do
- Warm oven to 500-550 degrees.
- Put a thin even coating of the BBQ sauce on the base of the pizza.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle a little of the smoked cheddar, if you add too much it will become very greasy.
- Toss pulled pork in remaining BBQ sauce to coat and evenly distribute on pizza.
- Add red onions on top.
- Sprinkle a little more mozzarella cheese and cheddar to make everything stick.
- Bake in your hot oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the size and heat of your oven.
What other variations of BBQ or smoked meat have you tried on a pizza?